Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Adding colour into my home!

I like colour! In the right amount and shade it makes a room come alive. An entrance, a foyer,  a dark corner - all of these can be made bright, welcoming and striking using colour. Accessories help in adding that splash of colour too.
We have been incorporating our own dashes of colour into the decor at home. Holi being just around the corner helps in motivating, I guess!
Here are a few glimpses of where we are as of now :)


Turquoise is the husband's favourite. So much so that he wants a full wall in that colour. I don't quite agree with that bit but yes I love turquoise too. So we have been adding that to the living room. The mirror is from The Purple Turtles. The glass bottle is from @Home.
We both love green and so we bought the white planter and the green ferns (I DO NOT have a green thumb) from Oma during their annual sale recently. They don't have the details updated on their website - their Bangalore store is in UB city on Vittal Mallya road.


The sofa and chaise were custom made by Cane Boutique. The grey and purple goes well with our curtains.
Slowly, steadily, introduce one thing at a time is what I am doing with the home and it is working well.

What colour are you going to add into your homes and hearts today? Think of the world as a canvas and yourself as an artist, go splash and fill life with colours!!
Happy Holi!!


18 comments:

  1. Love the turquoise! Lovely everything looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an eye for colour, Simran! I adore that purple motif :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shailaja! You mean the one on the cushion right? I love that one.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous Sim! The turquoise looks so Mediterranean, Cant wait for a home tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Manasa!! Agree the turquoise brings in that feel :) The home tour will have to wait a little ;)

      Delete
  4. I like your use of purple. It speaks of richness, elegance, and class. There should be one part of the house that feels luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I agree purple brings in the royal effect :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely! So glad to have a glimpse after a loong wait :-) Please, more pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uma!!! More pictures will follow soon. I need to plan that blogger get together first!

      Delete
  6. Hi Simran, came to your blog through Arundhati. You have a wonderful sense of colour. Love the swing and the colourful cushions. And that telescope too...lovely:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Subhashini and thank you for dropping by!!!! The telescope is a recent addition courtesy the little one :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely pics.Wonderful medley of colours.Literally waiting for a post!Loving to see a tour of your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jwala! :) The home tour will take some time but other glimpses will keep coming up. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful. I know when i have my next home, whom to call!!! Super duper talented you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Archana! You are way too generous :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely Home....Colour choices are too good.

    Do read my posts at http://mydesistyle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going back into this artcile again to more inspiration for my dream home that comes and goes. Gosh, I am so convinced that you will be taking charge of my next home. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...