Thursday, May 23, 2013

My philosophy of a home...

... has been stated perfectly by Nicole Paulus here! She says "I think your home should be constantly evolving with you. Decorating should never be over."
I want my home to reflect me, my likes, my loves, my comfort. I want it to become my haven and feel more comfortable and warm every time I add something to it. 

You could use a designer, carpenter or DIY, what matters, at the end, is - when you step in, stay, settle down, does it make you happy? If it does, then everything is worth it!!

Since the last few months I have been drooling over home websites, furniture, decor, soft furnishings, fixtures, whatever-else-home-related-you-can-think-of. Came across some lovely inspirations, incorporated a few into my design. Today I will share some of my favourites with you :) 
Here we go - 


Love this swing. Pic and design courtesy Bluekrit

Yes! I am getting a swing in my living room. I have wanted one for ages and this was my chance to get it. More on that when the swing is ready :)

Picture courtesy Houzz.com
I love how calming and serene this master bedroom is! I like this picture for the overall look and effect than any individual element. The white trim and the pastel wall and ceiling colour is beautiful. Designing our master bedroom on similar lines with the space for the two chairs. Will keep you posted.


I love love love this settee! Traditional yet packs a punch. I have a weakness for paisleys and the yellow is bright, uplifting yet doesn't overwhelm. This could be put in a room with neutral furniture and wall colours. *Note to self - Look out for fabric like this or the one below. 

Another favourite is this Ikat slipper chair!


Leaving you with this one - which appeals to the organized (OCD as some call it, but it is not) part of my brain. How cute is this. Need to source this and make a place for something like this. Enthucutlets are you listening?? 



Next post, next week - Electrical and Plumbing and what I learnt about them. Sounds boring? Let's make it fun shall we :) 
Feel free to send in queries, bounce off ideas, share thoughts, inspirations and ideas!! 

24 comments:

  1. Very pretty pic, yes swing in a living room is a lovely, lovely idea.
    we have a lovely one in our living room French window balcony. By far it has been the most favoured place by hosts & guests alike !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manasa :) I am hoping it turns out the way I am imaging it will. Would love to see pictures of your swing too, are they up anywhere?

      Delete
  2. Doing up your home is always so exciting and rightly said the decorating should never end, there is always room for more beautification !! I liked the living room setup..breezy and light..a lot like mine(Except the swing :) I love having indoor plants in the house and always try and buy fresh flowers for the dining area...they bring so much life to the house !!! Am sure you are having a blast decorating your home..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheetal!! I love greens and fresh flowers inside the house :) will add them for sure!! It is an exciting process especially when you are doing it for yourself :)

      Delete
  3. hey what about Neal's room.. what have you decided for him.. would like to see ur ideas on that front..
    the idea of the living room looks fab.. yes swing is gr8.. btw just an idea.. Neetu has done Interior designing course/study in Blore and she is does all that.. if you want any ideas from her you can consult her.. just a thought

    all the best and i am sure the end result will be marvelous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For his room, I will do a separate post. That us one area I am still struggling with in terms of things coming together - wall colour, bed, accessories etc. Am still working on it :) Would love to connect with Neetu. Pass on her details via an FB message, will you? Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. I have wanted a swing too in my home..lets see how it works out..I did a similar post a few months ago on how I want my house to look like and like you I've been drooling over all the pretty websites ever since the house has begun to take shape..this is so exciting, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh where oh where Uma is that post of yours? I'll try searching...but post me the link please

      Delete
    2. Totally loving it Uma!! The window shopping for design and decor is so much fun I tell you :) will hop over to your post now and enjoy going through your ideas :)

      Delete
  5. Oh Simran! The posts on your blog are so timely and make me want to post my inspirations tooo...With the tiling work on, it will be a while before the carpenter can get in...all this reminds me that I need to do my homework and post updates on my blog. It will be wonderful to look back at all the thinking that went into transitioning a small apartment into our very own home :) You are an inspiration girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Swathika!!! Yes start the research as early as possible!! Will look forward to your ideas :) All the best!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the swing image is gorgeous....i want to keep looking at it forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Richa!! Fell in love with it the moment I saw it :) The colours are soothing, neutral and can be paired with everything else.

      Delete
  8. The pictures are gorgeous Simran. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I now want a new house to start afresh on.... :P (if wishes were horses...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Ha Jane!! Keep on wishing, who knows it might come true and soon at that :)

      Delete
  10. love that planner! always wanted to have one like that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Swati. The forgetful-amnesiac-mom in me wants a planner around always!! :)

      Delete
  11. Lovely pictures! Got my swing, it rocks in all ways! :-D

    Can't wait to see the 'reveal' pictures. How is it going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reveal shallt ake another month or so Sangi! :) Crazy these days, lots to do, so little time!
      It is going fine so far :) Too much happening.

      Delete
  12. Sim, I love your blogs on home decoration. I can't agree enough that home decoration should evolve with you. I loved the picture of living room. I wish I could get a swing like that in US.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sim,

    I love your blogs especially about home decoration. I can't agree enough that your home decoration should evolve with you. I loved the picture of living room with swing. I wish I could get that swing here in US.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...