Saturday, July 03, 2010

N's 1st movie in the theater...

... happened to be "I Hate Luv Storys"! I know could have been something more child friendly but then this was the best of the worst.



My sister and I planned to take him for a movie over a cup of coffee in the local coffee shop. He had never been to the theater so we decided to treat this as an experiment in "The social behaviour of 2 year olds on their 1st visit to the theater".

We chose seats that had easy access to the aisle - in case of emergencies! For the 1st 15 minutes N was the perfect kid. He sat in my lap and stared at the big screen. He was stupefied by the big screen and the louder then usual sound track.

Then started the explore-your-surroundings phase which resulted in pushing the seat of the bald man sitting in front of us. The man turned back twice and that was enough to send me scrambling. I picked up N and went down to the exit ramp. The next 15 minutes were spent in trying to pacify an irritated toddler and putting him to sleep.

I did succeed at that and could watch the movie in peace for about an hour and a half. At a particular scene where the lead actor was professing his love for the leading lady - there was pin drop silence in the hall. All of a sudden rose a high-pitched shriek followed by a full throated scream. N was up and so I saw the last 15 minutes of the movie from the entry door.

After this experience I think I'm going to hold on taking N to the theater for some more time ~ read a few years!
When was the 1st time you took your kids to the theater? And what do you suggest is a good age?

P.S.- the movie by the way is a waste of time! All glamour and no substance.

2 comments:

  1. I took ayaan when he was only 3 months old. but that is a good age to do this I guess......small sized human that fits into lap easily and sleeps through most of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suk - I had some great baby sitters then so never tried ;) But will try this again a little later.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...